The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy . Responsibilities
· Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
· Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
· Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
· Be familiar with all in-house groups.
· Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
· Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
· Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
· Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
· Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
· Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
· Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
· Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
· Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
· Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
· Maintain a clean work area.
· Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
· College course work in related field helpful.
· Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Computer experience required.
· Customer Services experience preferred.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Marriott Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with Marriott Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by management
Your Responsibilities: • Passion for providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay • Maximize revenues and occupancy • Create a positive team-oriented environment focused on the guest
• Ability to multitask and prioritize • Flexibility- must anticipate regularly scheduled weekend and evening hours • Assist with the Sales and Marketing efforts • Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in you and the organization • Set high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completion of assignments or tasks Education and Experience * Fosse Experience is a plus